Brisbane Photographer Matthew Hamm
Hi there! I'm Matthew Hamm & I'm the owner & photographer at Belle-Vous Photography. I specialise in taken stunning boudoir photography, bride portraits.
Boudoir Photographer Based In Brisbane, Australia
I'm a friendly, laid back, honest, loyal, dedicated and no bull shit type of person. I believe in equality for all. No matter skin colour, sexual orientation, age, appearance, ethnicity, gender, nationality and religion.
Time a bit of back story
For most of my life, I've been a petty healthy guy, no significant problems and thought this would never change, much like most people in their early 30s. The sense of indestructibility from my 20s was still hanging around.
Now we get to 2019, a really terrible year for me. I was having some bizarre health problems, which ended with me bring diagnosed with the autoimmune disease multiple sclerosis. The time before being diagnosed was the worst I have ever felt. The sense of uncertainty was truly terrifying. I would never wish that feeling on even my worst enemy.
After my diagnosis, it felt like a massive weight was taken off my shoulders. The sense of uncertainty was gone and I had regained some control back. I live my life one day at a time, and I try to make each better than the last for myself and the people around me. Our life on this earth is too short to worry about inconsequential BS. Do what makes you happy, not what other people think will make you happy
I specialise in boudoir photography for women who want classy, intimate & timeless photos. I don't go chasing fleeting trends that will seem cliché in 5 years from now. My photographic approach is relaxed while also being able to tell a story using raw natural emotions. This means I'll capture incredible photos that you will cherish forever.
How I got into photography
I have always been fascinated with photography. When I was a kid, it all seemed like magic to me. It wasn't till after high school I started to learn more about how photography works. Back in the early days of Youtube, I would binge-watch photography videos. In 2013 I to quit my lame hospitality job and pursue photography and enrol in a full-time photography course. For three years of my course, I set a goal for myself to take one good photo every day rain or shine. This time was one of the happiest times of my life. It was when I discovered a new form of creative expression, and I learned what type of person I wanted to be.
Why I shoot boudoir
I consider my work to be an expression of my belief that everyone is beautiful & no one deserves to being told otherwise. Boudoir photography is my passion; It's the most rewarding thing I do! I love doing special things for others and making their lives just that little bit more amazing.
21 Random Facts About Your Boudoir Photographer
I love learning about the women I photograph. It really helps me make your boudoir experience one of a kind and tailored just to you. It only seems fair you also learn a bit about me as well.
1. I was born in Traralgon, Victoria and I moved up to Queensland with my parents when I was 8.
2. I love animals! As Long as I can remember I’ve always had pets. Dogs, cats, birds, fish love them all!
3. Samson is the name of my goof-ball dog 🤪
4. I pretty much play every sport possible when growing up (AFL, soccer, netball, cricket and many more. (I was very bad at all of them 🤣)
5. One of my earliest memories is my Dad secretly buying a Nintendo while I was at playgroup. When I walked through the front door with my Mum and saw my Dad sitting on the coffee table playing Duck Hunt on Nintendo Entertainment System I freak out because we now had a the Nintendo!
6. I love collecting old cameras At last count I have over 40 cameras
7. My oldest camera is a Kodak from 1910.
8. I’m a only child
9. Before I was a boudoir photographer I was making ends meet being a waiter for wedding receptions.
10. I was a waiter for wedding receptions during the gangnam style craze. I must have heard that song, the remixes and mash-ups over 1000 times 🤦♂️
11. My first paying photography gig was family portrait session for friends of the family 👨👩👧👦
12. I gave up learning to play the guitar after learning to play only one song. Paint It, Black by The Rolling Stones 🤘
13. Vegemite is the best! I can eat it by the spoonful.
14. I’ve never had a hangover. My friends were never impressed at all when I woke up the next morning feeling like million bucks.
15. I waited in line for over 6 hours to buy a iPad 2 back in 2011 🤓
16. Sometime I feel like I might be a vampire since I can get sunburnt in just minutes ☀
17. I’m a bit of a coffee snob.
18. I have bought so much stuff from Ikea over the years.
19. The only food I don’t like is seafood.
20. I had bad anxiety and confidence issues in my teens and 20s.
21. I became a boudoir photographer so I could use this skill I had to help others boost their confidence levels.
Brisbane | Sunshine Coast | Gold Coast | Toowoomba | Ipswich | QLD Australia